.

.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Kayaking the Colorado River in Moab

It took A LOT of coaxing to get me to do this.  Military Man was SO excited... Excited to do something new and adventurous, and excited that he was able to help me conquer my fears and do something potentially fun.
We kayaked a seven mile stretch of the Colorado River, most of it against wind.  No joke, I was practically in tears.  Angry, frustrated, defeated by the physical demands of paddling against the wind pushing you backwards - no matter how hard you tried to move forward.  Tears were on the verge... but I'm a tough girl, I rarely cry and I did NOT want to give up.
So glad I persevered. It actually was quite fun.  A little too physically demanding of my upper body though, and I don't see myself jumping back in another kayak for quite some time!
Thank you to my dear sweetheart for MAKING me do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment