Monday, December 22, 2014
Monday, December 1, 2014
xoxo - Jess
* The kids weren't too happy about the news. We HAD planned to make this our permanent home, but plans change and we're no stranger to sudden and abrupt moves. We promised the kids that for sure this next place will be their last home with us (before college).
* We made a spur of the moment trip out to have a look around the place we plan to call home for awhile. It's a nice place and we're looking forward to the move... it's just all the in between stuff that needs to be taken care of that's going to be stressful. There's a "Festival of Lights" in the center of town at the park that Military Man and I were able to go through on the night we were in town, it definitely made it feel like Christmas. (Wow! I can't believe it's already December!?!)
* We set out getting things around our home here in order, including home repairs and painting. Daisy was not too happy about the fact that it took me four days to paint the master bedroom and put it back to something she recognized. Look at that sad face she gave me when I sat down to take a quick break.
* We just reunited with some dear friends (the Buchi family) that recently moved to Tucson from Montana. It will be hard to say goodbye knowing they just got here and we now leave after seven years since our last duty station together.
* Thanksgiving was wonderful - yummy food galore! and I even made rolls... which rarely happens. The kids love them though, so I guess it was worth it. We were so happy to have the Buchis join us for dinner at Grandma Brunettes house along with Beau and Danika and their adorable boys who drove down from Utah for the weekend. We each got to steal some sweet baby snuggles too!