Monday, February 22, 2016
* Sahuarita NJROTC whooped some butt at Moon Valley HS in Phoenix at the Valley of the Sun meet in January - took first in state, and secured their invitation to regional competition at Camp Pendleton in February!
* It's been very, very warm here and we've enjoyed soaking up the sunshine - including making 'snow angels' in the sand on New Year's Day.
* Buggy and BFF Hannah have been faithful in their stake dance attendance, haha! Their favorites have been the 50's Night here in Sahuarita and the Valentine's Sweetheart dance in Rincon.
* Jess had a nice break from working and mom-duties painting for dear friend Cindy & Ken's upcoming wedding mural wall of canvases... it was fun, and therapeutic, I'd forgot how much I enjoyed painting.
* Freckle Face finally got in to the Tucson Orthopedic Institute for evaluation and has begun physical therapy in Green Valley (thankfully - because it's much closer to home than traveling to mid-town Tucson twice a week).
* Sahuarita NJROTC drill teams ranked second at their competition last weekend, which Buggy says was just a 'dress rehearsal' for this week's California trip. Everyone is excited and nervous - counting down the days!!!
* Oh, and mom found a new favorite Saturday morning recipe to spoil the kids and their friends with: Homemade Nutella Poptarts... simply delicious!