Monday, February 22, 2016
* Sahuarita NJROTC whooped some butt at Moon Valley HS in Phoenix at the Valley of the Sun meet in January - took first in state, and secured their invitation to regional competition at Camp Pendleton in February!
* It's been very, very warm here and we've enjoyed soaking up the sunshine - including making 'snow angels' in the sand on New Year's Day.
* Buggy and BFF Hannah have been faithful in their stake dance attendance, haha! Their favorites have been the 50's Night here in Sahuarita and the Valentine's Sweetheart dance in Rincon.
* Jess had a nice break from working and mom-duties painting for dear friend Cindy & Ken's upcoming wedding mural wall of canvases... it was fun, and therapeutic, I'd forgot how much I enjoyed painting.
* Freckle Face finally got in to the Tucson Orthopedic Institute for evaluation and has begun physical therapy in Green Valley (thankfully - because it's much closer to home than traveling to mid-town Tucson twice a week).
* Sahuarita NJROTC drill teams ranked second at their competition last weekend, which Buggy says was just a 'dress rehearsal' for this week's California trip. Everyone is excited and nervous - counting down the days!!!
* Oh, and mom found a new favorite Saturday morning recipe to spoil the kids and their friends with: Homemade Nutella Poptarts... simply delicious!
Thursday, December 31, 2015
Sunday, October 18, 2015
Monday, October 12, 2015
* We've had a great time this season sharing the bleachers with family and friends cheering on Sahuarita Mustangs Varsity football. The biggest celebration game was the SHS vs. WGHS - our small town's only two high schools on one field, we had friends on both sides ...it was quite a fun night!
* Buggy took off with her BFF Hannah to the Gulf of Mexico over the fall break week. A week of camping on the beach... swimming in the ocean, building sand castles, roasting s'mores in the campfire, watching fireworks, collecting sea shells and dodging sting rays. She came back home with sand in every-single-thing she took with her, a rat's nest hair-do and a perfectly bronzed tan.
* She also left me a large note on the fridge reminding me to PLEASE REMEMBER to feed her frog and fish while she was away. This comes after the small panic attack I had when she was gone to Utah for three weeks this summer and I completely FORGOT about feeding the frog. Poor little guy was so happy to see her when she got home... oops! I can't believe he was still alive, but I'm very thankful he was okay and lived to see me feed him this vacation time.
* Freckle Face's BFF Lauren (and her twin sister Maddie) came down from Montana to stay with us for the whole week. It was a joyous reunion. I didn't see much of them unless they needed a ride somewhere, ha ha! They spent a lot of time chatting, swimming, playing games, hanging out at the mall, and all that other fun teenage stuff.
* Monkey Boy enjoyed some time playing basketball and video games with Chris and Caitlyn, playing street hockey and making meals with Nick, going to the movies and visiting the Reid Park Zoo with the Facklers... and so much more.
* He also enjoyed his first temple trip to Mesa with a few of the youth from our ward. He was recently called as Deacon's Quorum president and has been prayerfully weighing his options for who to call as his counselors.
* The kids finished out the first quarter with all A's and a couple of B's on their report cards. They're doing very well in school and their teachers all had really great (and sweet) things to say about them at parent-teacher conferences. I'm so proud of them... they're such great kiddos and I'm always glad to hear they're working hard and doing their best.