.

.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

I {heart} Blog - to - Book

I recently published all the 2010 blog posts from this blog using the ultra easy and free - Blurb BookSmart program.  I LOVE that I was able to simply click a few buttons and everything was downloaded into book form, ready to print.  The program is, as I said, easy to use and has a variety of templates to choose from... or you can do what I did and custom design every page from cover to cover - which was no small task, trust me!  The finished product looks fantastic and is such a wonderful way to record our family history.
One thing I have learned though, as much as I try, I am NOT a writer.  I didn't like having a book with loads of lovely photographs of family adventures but no story or testimony of those experiences to go along with the images.  In creating this book of blog entries, I found myself going back and filling in details for stories I had only briefly mentioned on the blog.  So now it is a new goal of mine to be a little better with my words, for the book's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment