.

.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Last Week's List {mobile monday}



Yes, yes!  Still crazy busy here at the Brunette house... but alas!! there's an end in sight - one more week before summer break begins.  May is the busiest month for school and these kids of mine are about ready for the two month long break... and SO AM I!!!  Here's a few noteworthy happenings from last week:

* Spirit Week at school for Monkey Boy - he let me snap a pic of him and best buddy Christopher on "twin day"

* Military Appreciation Month, with so much going on behind the scenes, it's nice to have some recognition. And I'm proud to have my nearest and dearest friends along side me in the "silent ranks" as military spouses.  I love and appreciate all their sacrifices, and they will forever be in my prayers.

* Mother's Day was more like a weekend full of pampering - which I took full advantage of.  Treats, gifts, yummy food which I did not have to cook or clean up after, and some much needed uninterrupted peace and rest.  I also got a new polka-dot swimsuit and a GB Packer's tee - which I cannot wait to get them in the mail!

* Buggy and her cute friend posed for this pic before their Spring Concert - orchestra, band and choir.  Buggy even sang a solo part of a Beatles song (more on that to come - with video this time YAY!)

* Freckle Face scoured the internet for days trying to find just the right phone case for her new iphone - a birthday gift she hasn't put down since it's arrival.  She wanted something with Divergent... these were the top four picks she had narrowed it down to.

* I read all three books in the Veronica Roth "Divergent" series (also gifts Freckle Face received for her birthday last month).  The girls are just about finished with books Insurgent and Allegiant, and Military Man took us to the movies to watch the film for family night.  Everyone enjoyed it, but of course it wasn't as good as the book.

Have a great week everybody!!
XO - Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment