.

.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother's Day Shower of Gifts!

 
Even though so many of my favorite people in the world are all so very far away from me, I sure did feel their love this Mother's Day.  I feel so blessed!  Gourmet chocolates from my Military Man, Shari's Berries chocolate dipped cookies and strawberries from my mother-in-law, a gorgeous arrangement of sweet-smelling flowers from my dearest friend Eva.
My day was filled with all kinds of lovely people I adore and admire at Church, chatting with my mother and grandmother on the phone.  The kids let me take a quick shot of each of us together between baking and dinner. 
Then we all enjoyed a facetime video chat with Dad.  
There was a failed attempt at a fresh pineapple upside down cake but it didn't damper the fun, it was still delicious - it just wasn't too pretty.  Asian Sky Chinese/Tai food, Harry Potter movies and playing with Legos with my kiddos... then stuffed myself with more Lo Mien and Orange Chicken and another helping of crumbly cake! 
It was a truly wonderful day.  Thank you all so very, very much!
XOXO - Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment