.

.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Practice, Practice


I've had a little trouble with my "flow" during photography sessions when it comes to using my 50mm 1.4 prime.  I usually reserve it for times when I have absolute control over my subject and surroundings. That is not always the way things go down, and I weakly fall back into my comfort zone with my 28mm 3.5 zoom.  I absolutely love the results the 1.4 gives me, but get frustrated with how comfortable I've become using a zoom lens.  Fed up, I asked this exceptionally beautiful girl for the help of a "practice" session - so I could work through my awkwardness and figure out how to readjust myself in a better way while using this particular lens with no zoom capabilities.  I still feel like I have some work to do getting over that "stop and go" feeling but I am very happy she was willing to let me work it out on her!  I actually used this lens for the entire session while doing a family shoot this morning and felt much more comfortable - and the results ...fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment